The Zircon Industry Association has published Membership Values that serve to embed and continuously promote best practice throughout the industry. These values will ensure that all ZIA members, the association and the zircon industry as a whole evolves sustainably, responsibly and with integrity.
Sustainable by going above and beyond to protect :
- People: sharing best practices on matters of workplace safety and fair labour
- The Environment: operating, managing waste and remediating mindfully now and
for the future
- Communities: respecting and actively supporting indigenous and local communities
Operate with integrity by:
- Committing to comply with national and international laws where we conduct business, and anti-corruption legislation
- Enforcing policies that ensure conformance to antitrust and competition laws
- Ensuring we employ non-discriminatory practices and equal opportunities in everything we do
Promote a positive image through:
- Collaboratively engaging with key stakeholders across the globe
- Supporting suppliers to work to the same exacting values
- Knowledge sharing to ensure the safe production and use of zircon and zirconia products
- Expanding markets in applications that enhance quality of life in a sustainable manner
From 2022 all ZIA members will be required to make an annual declaration confirming compliance with these values. For those wanting to join ZIA, their commitment to these values will be a prerequisite of membership.
Dr Keven Harlow, Executive Director of ZIA, said:
“Operating sustainably and with integrity is becoming increasingly important, and these ZIA values provide the necessary focus that will help the zircon industry meet this challenge. We encourage our members, and the wider industry, to wholeheartedly embrace them.”
Notes to editors
- As a non-profit trade association, ZIA works on behalf of its membership to develop and promote zircon, zirconia and derivative substances by advocating the benefits of their extensive application in today’s world.
- ZIA has a strict Code of Conduct and Antitrust policy which is announced before the start of all meetings and events, and which delegates are required to observe.
For further information, please contact:
Claire Caton / email@example.com